Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Going Gluten FREE!

This post has been copied from our "Care Page"

Posted Jan 4, 2013 11:18pm


Hi all, have you missed me?
I have been so wrapped up in the holidays…and then on January 1st Brady and I went gluten free, soy free and for the most part we will try to eat almost completely organic! The rest of the family will be joining us as soon as the gluten products are gone from our pantry. We want to go casein free too…but for now, we love cheese too much! I can use unsweetened coconut milk for cooking…but I will miss having a big glass of ice cold milk. Brady doesn't like milk so he will be OK there. Coconut milk is good…and healthy, but I just can't even imagine drinking a huge glass of it. Adding it to my coffee in the place of cream…yes, but drinking it plain…not so much! Oh…yeah…coffee, well that is one of the things I am just not willing to give up!
I made this really yummy gluten free mac and cheese. The noodles were from Trader Joe's and they are a brown rice pasta. To tell you the truth if I did not know better…I would not have been able to taste the difference!! I fought going gluten free cuz I LOVE breads and pasta! But looks like I found an awesome substitute for the pasta!! Now, I need to find a good bread recipe! The Udi stuff leaves A LOT to be desired and missed about "real" bread! So as you can probably guess…I have been consumed and immersed in trying to make healthier food choices for our whole family!
This is a short post…have to get more recipe hunting done…we are going to Trader Joe's tomorrow…and I need to find a few good things to try and pick up all the ingredients!!

Disclaimer: The information on this blog is NOT intended to take the place of diagnosis and treatment by a qualified licensed healthcare provider. Any recommendations are for educational purposes only and are believed to be effective. However, since USE of any information provided herein by others is beyond the control of Michelle Bacon, RN, no expressed or implied guarantee as to the effectiveness of this information can be given nor liability taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!
We very much appreciate the love and support of our Friends and Family! Our HOPE is that one day Brady will be COMPLETELY recovered and will be able to look back at this blog and read all the love and support he got from all of you during this difficult time in his life! HUGS!!