Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Past Facebook Updates

On March 2nd we posted this video on Facebook:
I had a breakthrough, and I am kicking myself for not thinking of something so simple sooner. We have really been trying for a long time to get Brady to say more then one word at a time. Then I had the idea to count off the words i want him to say on my fingers so he will have a visual cue that I am expecting more words from him. It goes like this...
I point to each one of my finger as I repeat the words I want him to say. "More Pizza Please" I do this like 4-5 times and then it is his turn. I point to the first finger and wait...then to the second finger and wait...then to the third finger and wait. Some times he needs reminders what of what word is expected next, but eventually he gets it and can say all three words with only me pointing to each finger.
Before this...if we said "More Pizza Please" hoping he will say all three words, he usually only repeats any one of the words, but never all three. Now with the visual prompt, he knows we need more words! 😀
Hope this video helps other parents to coax more words out at once.

Disclaimer: The information on this blog is NOT intended to take the place of diagnosis and treatment by a qualified licensed healthcare provider. Any recommendations are for educational purposes only and are believed to be effective. However, since USE of any information provided herein by others is beyond the control of Michelle Bacon, RN, no expressed or implied guarantee as to the effectiveness of this information can be given nor liability taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!
We very much appreciate the love and support of our Friends and Family! Our HOPE is that one day Brady will be COMPLETELY recovered and will be able to look back at this blog and read all the love and support he got from all of you during this difficult time in his life! HUGS!!